Finding the right sponsor is like finding the right pair of running shoes. It might take a couple tries before you find the ones that fit. Oftentimes the first pair you’re given (the first person who introduces you to LuLaRoe) is the first person you go with. Might I encourage you to consider otherwise?? Although it’s hard to tell a friend or the first person who shared the business opportunity with you that you’re choosing a different sponsor, you’ll be glad you did! I had to have these conversations a couple of times-one with a long time friend from college and the other with an amazing consultant who I’d bought LuLaRoe from many, many times who gave great customer service and who took great care of me. Let me shed some light on why I did this and what it can mean for you!
5 Things to Consider Before Signing Up
- Consider who you are! What’s your personality? Who do you work well with? What kind of personalities drive you up the wall? Do you thrive on organization and step by step plans?? Know who you are and what you need.
- Consider who THEY are! Will you be able to respect this person? Listen to their feedback, suggestions and leadership? What is their business experience with LuLaRoe? Is their business one you want to emulate? If they’re only conducting online sales and you plan to conduct pop ups and community events, you might think twice as they may not be as well equipped to train, mentor and motivate you in this regard! Are they discounting their clothing, offering you and compromising company policies and procedures?
- Consider their availability! What sort of business are they running? How many others are they mentoring? How much time will you want with them? Are they able to deliver you that and make time for you? Will they be able to communicate with you in a way that works (whether that be in person or through technology)?
- Consider the support system that surrounds your sponsor! Do they have a team of women who will also be available to encourage, motivate, share ideas and mentor you? What sort of trainings, team pages, group events are available to you as a part of your sponsor’s team or larger organization?
- Trust your GUT! Listen to it when it tells you this person is legit! They are someone I can work with! I can give you lists of things to ask this person in an interview. I can even tell you to chat with others who she’s sponsored and scour her facebook profile and business page to figure out how solid her LuLaRoe business is. In the end, your heart knows best! Trust it!
My experience was that I researched and found someone independent from the people who originally introduced me to the company, based on my goals for business and my personality. Being a jewelry lady turned LuLa lady I have learned the hard way before in direct sales and decided my happiness and personal success were at stake this time. I didn’t want to leave it to chance by signing up with someone out of obligation. My consultant friends were gracious and kind to me about my decision, although I’m sure they’re bummed. In the end if they love me, they’ll respect my decision and I know that’s happened! Good luck to you in finding your mentor!
If I can answer any of your questions or if you’d like to chat with me more about your potential fit with me, contact me here! You’re also welcome to check out our team page here to learn more about what we’re about!